CCPOA Legal Plan
U.S. Legal Contact Information
The Family Legal Defender
All Active Members are already enrolled
U.S. Legal Services is one of the oldest providers of legal program beneﬁts in the nation. Established almost 40 years ago, U.S. Legal Services is recognized for providing full service, full indemnity legal programs for you and your immediate family members.
U.S. Legal has attorneys throughout the nation. U.S. Legal has over 7,800 law ﬁrms and over 20,000 contracted attorneys, and more than 700 law ﬁrms in California.
Finally, a legal program that acts like you expect it to! For many cases, 100% of your legal fees are paid.
As an active CCPOA member you are automatically enrolled in the program. There are no applications to fill out.
All Active CCPOA members have a legal program. It comes with your dues, and covers a wide range of legal services.
- Concealed Carry / Use of Deadly Force
- Advice and Consultation (ofﬁce or telephone)
- Letters and Telephone Calls
- Contract and Document Preparation and Review
- Simple or Complex Will for Participant and Spouse
- Living Will
- Revocable Living Trust
- Power of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directive
- Simple Testamentary Trust
- Estate Administration
- Senior Defender® – Elder Law Attorneys
- Identity Theft Defense
Additional Covered Benefits:
- Personal Property Protection
- Personal Injury
- Misdemeanor Defense
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Insurance Law
- Real Estate Transactions (primary residence)
- Landlord/Tenant Law (Tenant only)
- Trafﬁc Violations
- Juvenile Defense
- Formation of Legal Entity
- Debt Collection Defense
- Bankruptcy (Chapters 7 and 13)
- Uncontested Divorce (Participant only)
- Enforcement or Modiﬁcation of Support
- Enforcement or Modiﬁcation of Child Support
- Name Change
- Consumer Protection
The CCW Defender
An Enhanced Beneﬁt for CCPOA Members
- Shooting and/or occurrence in a location that recognizes your concealed carry permit or ﬁrearm license.
- Use of deadly force in any location that recognizes your permit(s) or license(s).
- Shooting or use of force with any weapon, object or any legal ﬁrearm, even outside of your concealed carry permit occurring in your residence during the commission of a crime against you, your family or any occupants in a place you can legally possess a ﬁrearm. (A legal ﬁrearm meets the legal description of state and federal laws.)
- Administrative action resulting from the use of force incident taken against your concealed weapon license in the state which issued your license.
The following services are available to CCPOA members:
- Skelly Hearing
- State Personnel Board (SPB)- California Only
- After 25 hours the member will be billed directly at the discounted rate of 33 1/3% off of the attorneys normal hourly rate.
Up to 100 Hours Representation for Defense of the above described Civil and Criminal Matters pretrial and trial in a court of competent jurisdiction, not including other felony charges other wise covered under the plan.
- After 100 hours the member will be billed directly at the discounted rate of 33 1/3% off of the attorneys normal hourly rate.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS :
- Representation will not be provided if the use of force incident is a criminal event.
- Service will not be provided if a member is intoxicated, under the inﬂuence of alcohol, marijuana or drugs, conditions deﬁned by a blood level of .04 or higher, or have any illegal substances in the member’s system, or the member has been publicly consuming alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescribed medications that may alter one’s judgement.
- USL will not provide any of the above services for any domestic violence occurrences, criminal investigations or prosecutions as a result of illegal usage of a ﬁrearm or unlawful weapon by a member against the member’s current or former family member, household or dating relationship, deﬁned by the applicable state law.
Legal & Financial Services in one program
My Secure Advantage.™
- Simply place a call to My Secure Advantage at 1-888-724-2325
- A Financial Customer Service Representative will explain the program and schedule your initial consultation.
- You will also receive a welcome e-mail with your personal access to a secure website.
What Can 30 Days of One-on-One Money Coaching Do For You?
- Help Get You Out of Debt Fast
- Provide a Credit Report Analysis to Help you Improve Your Credit Score
- Help You Develop a Spending Plan That Works for You
- Get Retirement Planning Help
- Help You Understand Home Buying/ Reﬁnancing Strategies
- Understand your credit score
- Help You with Other Important Money Topics
Money Help? All part of the program.
- 24/7 My Secure Advantage Website Access
- Monthly Live Webinars on Personal Finance
- Financial Coaching
- Tax Hotline
- Personal Tax Return Preparation
- Free Review of Prior Year Return